- Service – Service is the https://charlestoneye.com/ website operated by Charleston Eye.
- Personal Data – Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession.
- Usage Data – Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies – Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller – Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
- Data Processors (or Service Providers) – Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject –Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and UseWe collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected:1. Personal Data While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email Address
- First & Last Name
- Phone Number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal Code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Session Cookies – We use session cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies- We use preference cookies to remember your preferences and various settings
- Security Cookies – We use security cookies for security purposes to keep you safe while browsing our website.
Use of DataCharleston Eye uses the collected data of various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow your to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide user support
- To gather analysis or valuable information to help improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Disclosure of Data
Legal RequirementsCharleston Eye may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Charleston Eye
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service<
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of DataThe security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Charleston Eye aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights: * The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you. * The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete. * The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data. * The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information. * The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format. * The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Charleston Eye relied on your consent to process your personal information. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Service ProvidersWe may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service- related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Children’s PrivacyOur Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Vision Care & Products
Stay Up To Date With Charleston Eye
Sign up to stay up to date with news, promotions, and other things happening at Charleston Eye.